Thank you for your interest in the CAPS Volunteer Program!
We are currently accepting applications for these positions only:
- VIN Verification – minimum 6 month commitment. Requires a polygraph.
- Victim Advocacy Unit – minimum 1 year commitment as a CSPD patrol on-call advocate. Requires a polygraph.
- Citizen Advisory Committees – citizens represent their respective neighborhoods in partnership with CSPD. Monthly meetings.
- Drivers – drivers in good standing with a valid Colorado Driver’s License are needed for a variety of assignments to include CSFD Courier Unit, CSPD speed trailer deployment and the Seatbelt Convincer traffic safety program.
Fields containing an asterisk (*) are REQUIRED. If required fields are incomplete, the application will be rejected. (The term “not applicable” (N/A) is an acceptable response for these fields.) Please read the information below BEFORE submitting your online application. CAPS Screening Process:
- A criminal background check is performed on all applicants due to the nature and sensitivity of the work.
- An in-person interview is conducted with all applicants.
- The successful completion of a polygraph examination may be required depending on assignment.
CAPS Qualifying Criteria:
- 18 years or older.
- Applicants who have used drugs, to include marijuana or medical marijuana within 18 months from date of application submission are not eligible to volunteer in the CAPS program.
- No felony convictions.
- A minimum 6-month commitment is requested.
By submitting this application, you agree to the screening procedures and to adhere to the policies and procedures of CAPS and the City of Colorado Springs. If you are a student seeking an internship please visit the Internship Application tab. Download and Print a PDF version of the Application. If you need Adobe Reader® to view, please click here.