Thank you for your interest in the CAPS Volunteer Program!
We are currently accepting applications for these positions only:
Please Note: The majority of our needs are M-F from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Spanish-speaking skills
Bilingual volunteers with a level of proficiency in Spanish are needed in a variety of roles across the police and fire departments. Examples include: 2017 Spanish Citizen’s Academy, Chaplains, Español Translation Program and others.
- Are you a Social Media buff?
Skilled in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Periscope? Are you familiar with Canon XA10 Camera set up and shoot video, Adobe Premier Pro DC 2015 video editing software, iMovie iPhone video editing app, Creating Facebook Live videos or Creating slide shows in smartphone apps?
If so, we’d love for you to share your talents with CSFD and CSPD.
Fields containing an asterisk (*) are REQUIRED. If required fields are incomplete, the application will be rejected. (The term “not applicable” (N/A) is an acceptable response for these fields.) Please read the information below BEFORE submitting your online application. CAPS Screening Process:
- A criminal background check is performed on all applicants due to the nature and sensitivity of the work.
- An in-person interview is conducted with all applicants.
- The successful completion of a polygraph examination may be required depending on assignment.
CAPS Qualifying Criteria:
- 18 years or older.
- Applicants may not have used any drugs to include recreational marijuana and/or medical marijuana in the past 18 months. You also can not have used any illegal drug within the past 3 years (including LSD, heroin, cocaine, PCP, mushrooms/Psilocybin, amphetamines, inhalants, steroids, etc.)
- No felony convictions.
- A minimum 6-month commitment is requested.
By submitting this application, you agree to the screening procedures and to adhere to the policies and procedures of CAPS and the City of Colorado Springs. If you are a student seeking an internship please visit the Internship Application tab. Download and Print a PDF version of the Application. If you need Adobe Reader® to view, please click here.