Thank you for your interest in wanting to volunteer with the CAPS program.
Unfortunately, due to the concerns of COVID-19; we will not be accepting applications until further notice.
Fields containing an asterisk (*) are REQUIRED. If required fields are incomplete, the application will be rejected. (The term “not applicable” (N/A) is an acceptable response for these fields.) Please read the information below BEFORE submitting your online application. CAPS Screening Process:
- A criminal background check is performed on all applicants due to the nature and sensitivity of the work.
- An in-person interview is conducted with all applicants.
- The successful completion of a polygraph examination may be required depending on assignment.
By submitting this application, you agree to the screening procedures and to adhere to the policies and procedures of CAPS and the City of Colorado Springs. If you are not a student seeking a volunteer opportunity please visit the Volunteer Application tab.
Public safety internships through the CAPS program are unpaid and must be for credit hours required for graduation.
CAPS Qualifying Criteria:
- 18 years or older.
- Applicants who have used illegal drugs to include marijuana, medical marijuana or edibles within 18 months from date of application submission are NOT eligible to volunteer. You also can not have used any illegal drug within the past 3 years (including LSD, heroin, cocaine, PCP, mushrooms/Psilocybin, amphetamines, inhalants, steroids, etc.
- No felony convictions.
- A minimum 6-month commitment is requested.